Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Double or Nothing

The smell of bacon wafting up the stairs woke me instantly. Walking over to the water basin I splashed water on the face and looked into the mirror. I always had a good looking face. Thank Tymora for letting me keep it that way.





After dressing and collecting my things, I went downstairs of the inn and found the proprietor serving breakfast to a few customers, one of whom waved me over. He was a halfling with greased-backed hair and several rings on his fat fingers.

"Ander! Finally you wake up, I have some new business opportunities for you! Apparently these folk that mother had look into some problems for us are proving very capable, as well as very well equipped, if you catch my drift. Perhaps you could spare some time away from that shack of a tinker shop you spend all your time in, and possibly get something of actual value for yourself and me."

The proprietor came over right then, "Uh, mister Antonio sir, would you be adding this to your family's tab?"

"Certainly not, Trevoue! Why would the Fiaccio bother with such a trifling thing as a few eggs and bacon, when my friend here has already offered to pick up the tab?"

"Thats right generous of you Mister Brightwood." Trevoue replied nodding, as I gave a shake of my head and fetched some coins from my pocket.

After paying for my "friend" and myself, I set out to meet up with others. I stopped by Ricoh's place first to see about him crafting myself a ring of cold iron as well as a ring of pure silver. It took some convincing as he normally didn't take requests from strangers but after offering twice what he initially asked, it made the conversation simple and quick.

Eventually I found myself at the inn of Lorna and the company of friends Jasper, Bob, Pointy Ears, Birdman, and some Dragonborn who carried The Reaper, a necromatic sword of considerable power. After introducing myself as apparently, Ander Brightwood local fence and colleague of the Fiaccio, they instantly welcomed yet one more schmuck to "rush unto the breach once more." They didn't seem all that keen to my renewing humor, stories, and penchant for gambling. My crystal dice did set a few impressive glances, but probably because I won quite a few gold off of Jasper with them.

They still were searching for a Songbook of Vassa or some such thing, details aren't important. Main thing they were just sitting around until Pointy Ears told them where it could be found. Such idlesness was opressive and so I decided to seek out Outrider Petra and join her for patrols out into the Troll Moors.

It took Pointy Ears a week to locate the Songbook. That gave me plenty of time to stretch my limbs and get used to being out in the world again. Seeing Petra was nice too, getting her out and working seemed to help her spirits as well. When it came time for me to be off with the others and step through some portal that Pointy and his friends had made, I found that I couldn't just leave Petra. So the night before I went to her on the pretense of a question about an healing herb, but I actually ended up explaining to her fully what was at play and that indeed I'd return. Her happiness was, palpable. That's what I'm all about anyway, happiness and luck. Take a goal and pursue it, and trust to luck to clean up the minor details.

The next morning I stepped through the portal to this strange dark land. The wizard mentioned something about this being a land of wild magic somehow, but no matter. Tymora will sort that out for me.

Ander Brightwood Character Sheet
If you are part of the campaign, I ask that you do not look, lest spoilers or surprises I want to have for you.

Dropbox Link to Ander's Character Sheet

Previous Character: Branson Stout
Battle Master Human Varient with Innkeeper Background

Dropbox Link to Branson's Character Sheet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did your grand pappy hear different?