Friday, May 22, 2020

Pivot

I shouldn't be surprised that when taking a long step back from something, that your newfound perspective provides a better understanding of where you once were.  I thought I was a great DM, but as I start thinking about how to start playing again, I realize now that isn't true. That perspective time gives, really does point out those ogre-fisted sessions where I was so set on something, that I was oblivious to a path to head down.

Also having not played in a regular game in almost two years, I really do want to start playing again.  Now this isn't the best time to go sitting at a cramped table full of dice, papers, and snacks, but I really do miss the excitement and socialization of it all. I had thought this might be THE TIME to get my family members in on a game, but that is such a tall task, that I don't know if I want to carry that much water and it still be a stress free(-ish) past time.

Who knows, like so many other things in the last year, maybe the answer will just happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did your grand pappy hear different?