Thursday, August 22, 2019

Fatigue Failure

Playing tabletop role-playing games is a surprisingly exhaustive experience.  Just as driving during a long road trip, constantly being mentally attentive puts a hit on the energy reserves.  When participants are not rested, irregardless of adventure prep, the session is set to be frustrating.

I was reminded of this by a game I played several days ago.  I was eager to play after a months long hiatus, but the day had begun early and my job had some especially taxing situations.  Add in a new game system, new players, new location, and a new adventure, I set myself up a difficult situation to be relaxed and have fun.

It didn't matter how good or bad the game master was, or how engage my fellow players were, by coming in the way I had, I probably was not going to have a fun time.

Live and learn.

Relevant Extra Credits Video:
The Joy of Losing - Learning to Have Fun Playing Games

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did your grand pappy hear different?